Want to join the team? Available positions are listed below.
Chief of Police, Town of Mountain View, CO
Description / Position Overview:
The Chief of Police is responsible for preparing the department’s annual budget and monitoring expenditures; evaluating the performance of units and individuals in meeting department goals and taking necessary steps to improve police operations, including the incumbent’s and officers’ Continuing Professional Education; developing and implementing department policies, procedures and regulations; receiving and resolving complaints; attending Town Council Meetings and other public gatherings to explain department activities and functions; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with law enforcement and criminal justice professionals, city officials, community stakeholders, and federal, state, regional and local law enforcement agencies.
- Commanding the Police Department
- Department Administration
- Annual Budget & Financial Management
- Evaluating Units and Personnel
- Communication, External to the Department
- Interagency Relationships
The Chief of Police, who is appointed by the Town Council and reports to the Mayor, must possess the following:
- Demonstrated competencies in effective leadership and building strong relationships of trust within the community and among the rank and file, and the ability to inspire confidence and serve as a role model and representative of the police department and the town.
- A track record of unimpeachable ethics and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a demonstrated capacity to be visible within the department and out in the community.
- A demonstrated aptitude for creative problem solving, particularly in light of funding constraints.
- Ability to maintain a proactive approach to policies and practices.
- Experience and a commitment to identifying and implementing policies, strategies, systems and technologies to optimize the delivery of police services to a diverse community, in a fair and consistent manner.
- Exceptional organizational and management skills, including the ability to build a strong leadership team.
- A track record and proven commitment to staff development and department-wide diversity and training.
Minimum Job Qualifications (Education, Training, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in police administration, criminal justice or related field or equivalent law enforcement command experience. Four years of experience in a command level position at the Commander level or above. Additional specialized leadership education is also desired, such as the Senior Management Institute for Police (SMIP), FBI National Academy, Southern Police Institute or Northwestern University School of Police Staff and Command. Must possess or obtain a valid Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Certification.
$6,443 – $7,159 a month (Depending on qualifications)
Please submit by January 4, 2019, a letter of interest and resume to:
Chief Mark Toth: email@example.com
Town of Mountain View
4176 Benton St.
Mountain View, CO 80212
For questions, please call (720) 668-8443 or email Chief Toth.
The Mountain View Police Department (MVPD) is currently accepting applications for the position of Police officer.
Law Enforcement – Lateral Entry
21 years of age, or older; valid Colorado Driver’s License; current Colorado POST board peace officer certification or ability to obtain Colorado POST certification by the time of appointment.
3 years preferred
Applicants will be required to complete a written test, interview board, background investigation, pre-employment polygraph, pre-employment psychological screening, and a medical clearance for duty.
$49,920 – $52,000
Benefits include Fire and Police Pension Association of Colorado (FPPA), defined benefit retirement plan, and family health insurance plan.
Hand deliver or mail applications to:
Mountain View Police Department
Attn: Chief Mark Toth
4176 Benton Street
Mountain View, CO 80212.
Use the link below to print an application.